Catherine A. Medina
Catherine Medina is a native of Phoenix, Arizona. She is a proud graduate of the University of Arizona, College of Law. During law school she studied Family Law, Immigration, and Innovating Legal Services. Prior to attending law school, Catherine worked in family law as a legal assistant. Catherine's practice focuses primarily on divorce and child custody matters including divorce, asset division, parenting plans, child support, legal decision making, relocation and grandparent/third party rights.
Catherine has handled dozens of family law cases, serving as the lead attorney in each one. Prior to her retirement, Catherine was trained and mentored in family law by experienced family law attorney Terry Smith. Catherine believes the family law field is ever changing with new rules and case law often being implemented. As lead attorney, Catherine strives to keep her knowledge of family law up to date in order to offer her clients informed and up to date legal opinions. Because Catherine's time is devoted entirely to family law matters, she is adept at handling the various issues that arise in such cases and tailoring unique solutions and/or legal strategy to fulfill client goals. While some cases require advocacy of client needs through trial, Catherine also focuses a large part of her practice on mediation and settlement when possible. Catherine understands the demanding and overwhelming nature that divorce, and child custody disputes create for her clients and works hard to alleviate that burden with her legal knowledge and experience.
- University of Arizona College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
- J.D. - 2019
- Northern Arizona University, Glendale, Arizona
- Bachelors of Science in Communication with Organization Emphasis - 2016
- Honors: cum laude
- Medina, Mitchell & Smith Law, August 2021- Present
- Smith Law Office, P.C., Associate Attorney, January 2021 – July 2021
- Yoder & Langford, P.C., Associate, August 2019 - May 2020
- Scott M. Baker, P.C., Law Clerk, March 2019 - May 2019
- United States District Court, Judicial Extern for Judge David C. Bury, June 2018 - December 2018
- Beretta Godoy, Legal Intern, June 2017 - August 2017